Want to learn more on the conservation and management of climate refuge coral reefs?
CRRI is very excited to announce the Coral Reefs: Introduction to Challenges and Solutions Online Course on edX is now Live!
The course is a collaboration between the University of Queensland's School of the Environment, the Coral Reef Rescue Initiative (CRRI), WWF and Coral Reef Rescue Global Environment Facility. This MOOC titled Coral Reefs: Introduction to Challenges and Solutions, represents an important step toward supporting the conservation and management of climate refuge coral reefs and supporting climate adaptation efforts for coastal communities most dependent on these reefs.
Learners can now access the course on Edx, the course is free or you can upgrade to earn a verified certificate.
Completing this course, you will be able to:
- Identify the parts of coral reef ecosystems outlined in the course and describe how the components function and interact.
- Justify the importance and describe the roles of coral reef ecosystems.
- Describe the local and global threats and stressors that coral reef ecosystems face.
- Examine, critique and justify solutions for how we can begin to reverse the loss of coral reef ecosystems.
- Demonstrate the ability to cooperate effectively with others to share information and solutions.
A showcase session to launch the online course is recorded below. You will hear from the course team and experts from the University of Queensland and the Coral Reef Rescue Initiative. This video is useful for stakeholders interested in learning about the course and how it supports the Coral Reef Rescue Initiative to achieve its goal of conserving globally significant coral reef ecosystems for the benefits of nature and people.